The Connectra 14M Butt Fusion System is designed for quick and accurate joining of 3/4” CTS through 4” DIPS polyethylene pipe and valves and fittings, including 25-110mm, using the butt fusion process. Easy-to-use snap-in liners reduce the clamps to the smaller pipe sizes. The joining assembly, heater and facer can be used in the ditch, or above the ditch, either on or off the cart. The clamping assembly applies centerline fusion force and has a semi-automatic locking mechanism, which maintains fusion force without operator assistance. Outriggers are available for attachment to the joining assembly to facilitate easy installation, support and removal of pipe, both in and out of the ditch.
- Applies centerline fusion force.
- Fusion unit can be mounted on cart either parallel or perpendicular to the pipeline.
- Outriggers, designed to facilitate movement and support of pipe through the joining unit, mount to the unit instead of the cart.
- Symmetrical design allows facer to be inserted into the joining assembly from either side.
- Facer can be operated manually while in hazardous areas.
- When heater is at correct temperature, it can, when necessary, be unplugged from its power source and taken into the ditch to effect the fusion